The purpose of the Kentucky Board of Licensed Diabetes Educators is to administer and enforce the statutory authority and to monitor the needs of the consuming public. The board licenses all eligible candidates for entry into the profession of diabetes education. It recommends appropriate changes in the law to assure fairness and equality. The board conducts formal hearings when necessary and prosecutes by due process any violators of KRS 309
. The board is a self-supporting agency and receives no General Fund tax appropriation. It is funded entirely through fees assessed for licensing its professionals.
Please note: Any correspondence received in the board office or on the Kentucky Board of Licensed Diabetes Educators website becomes public information and will be shared with the board members. Comments and questions can be directed by email to Board Administrator Jennifer Hutcherson.
Note: Applications can be found by selecting the Resources tab, then Applications and Forms. Please refer to the FAQ document on the right under Quick Links before you start the application process.
To all Kentucky Board of Licensed Diabetes Educators (KBLDE) Licensees:
All KBLDE licensees must renew their LDE or MLDE license by Nov. 1, 2014. However, under KRS 309.337, the board has chosen to waive all CEU requirements for the 2014 renewal. You are not required to attend any CEUs or list any CEUs on your renewal application in order to renew by Nov. 1, 2014. Up to 15 CEUs earned during the current renewal period (Nov. 1, 2013 – Oct. 31, 2014) may be used for the 2015 annual renewal, due on Nov. 1, 2015. Should you have any questions about this announcement, contact KBLDE Board Administrator Jennifer Hutcherson at 502-564-3296, ext. 226 or by email at Jennifer.email@example.com.
Once licensed, the credential initials are as follows:
** NEW ** The online option for license renewal is now available. You may renew online by following these steps:
- Place your cursor on the “Online Services” tab above and then select “Online License Renewal” from the dropdown box.
- You will be redirected to the Kentucky One Stop Business Portal to create an account.
- Once you have created your account, check your e-mail account for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail will have a link to activate your Kentucky One Stop account, but please wait five minutes after receiving the e-mail before clicking on the activation link. The activation link will guide you through security verification questions.
- If you receive an error message after clicking on the activation link, please return to this page, place your cursor over the “Online Services” tab above, and then select “Online License Renewal.” You will be redirected to the Office of Occupations and Professions online licensing system to continue the license renewal process.
- Once you complete the security verification questions, you will be redirected to the Kentucky One Stop Business portal.
- Log in to the portal by typing the username and password you created for your One Stop account. Be aware that the One Stop will automatically generate "@cit.ky.gov" at the end of your username. This is not an error.
- Once you have logged in with your username and password you will be directed to the Office of Occupations and Professions online licensing system to continue the license renewal process.
An Online Renewal Registration and Log In User Manual is provided in the Quick Links on this page should you have any questions on the process for creating a One Stop Business Portal Account or for the license renewal process.
If you encounter problems with the registration process, you can print the renewal form located under the Resources tab, Applications and Forms and submit with a check or money order made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer.